Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Wind

I am currently listening to The Wind by Cat Stevens.

This is one of my favorite songs of all time from one of my favorite movies of all time. It's a very short song with a very big message. The song was featured in "Almost Famous" Directed by Cameron Crowe in a scene where Kate Hudson aka "Penny Lane" is dancing barefoot in an empty ballroom with a rose in her hand (watch it here). The peaceful guitar mixed with such soothing vocals really just bring a sense of serenity. And the lyrics are so meaningful...

"I listen to the wind, to the wind of my soul. Where I'll end up well I think only God really knows." - Cat Stevens

Listening to this song, and watching it with this scene makes me feel so content. Like I can just close my eyes and breathe easy and nothing in the world can bother me. And we all need that every now and then. Just a couple minutes to ourselves throughout the week or even throughout the day to regroup and refocus. Sometimes we let the stress of our everyday lives get the better of us and it is so important that we don't let that happen. Sometimes it feels like the world is on our shoulders and it's so heavy that we can't move. But you can't let external things ruin your internal happiness. You just have to take the good with the bad and keep on moving forward.

Watching Kate Hudson in this scene makes me envy her in a way because you can tell she is so relaxed and free and I definitely want that sense of freedom sometimes. And I guess that's why music is such a big part of my life. It's the only time when I feel absolutely free and content. I'm not a very emotional person and I don't open up very easily, but with music I feel like I can tell an entire story in a song; even if its instrumental. The way I speak and communicate is though music. The only way to really get inside my head is to listen to my music. Whether I make it in this industry or not, I will always continue to make music. And therefore, I will always be content.

"I let my music take me where my heart wants to go." - Cat Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment